Vancouver, BC – Canadian electric bike manufacturer OHM Cycles announced its 2015 city bike model, the Urban XU700, at Interbike North America’s largest bicycle trade event and show.
Proving to be the e-bike of choice for both cruising and commuting, the Urban XU700 is acclaimed for delivering a smooth, comfortable high-performance ride. The 2015 model takes this to the next level: a complete redesign with the devoted commuter in mind.
Key Enhancements for XU700 in 2015
- More ergonometric design and wider seat for increased comfort over longer distances
- Lighter motor suited for intermediate riders that pedal harder
- ADVANCE™ hydroformed aluminum frame with tapered headtube for additional strength
- Magura hydraulic disc brakes for safe stopping power in all wet conditions
- 27.5” touring geometry and tires
- Overall lighter weight at 21 kg (46 lb)
“It’s hard to believe—the new Urban XU700 is the culmination of over eight years of experience designing and producing high performance electric bikes,” notes Michael DeVisser, CEO of OHM Cycles. “We’ve completely redesigned this model from the ground up. The new hydroformed frame is stronger and lightweight, the motor features a cassette body for smoother shifting and there are two battery size options, depending on your commuting distance.“
Additional Features and Benefits
- BionX S 350 S-Series cassette motor for better shifting performance
- Optional D-Series motor and battery upgrade from 317Wh to 555Wh for extended range
- Custom reinforced battery mounts for rattle-free battery
- Available in four sizes for the ideal fit
As with all of OHM’s e-bikes, the XU700 2015 is loaded with premium components such as full fenders for all-weather commuting, rear carry rack, chain guard, integrated lights and kickstand.
“The announcement at Interbike, a manufacturer, retailer and media event, will be a great way to get the electric bike community excited about the improvements to OHM’s commuter bike,” adds Michael. “We’re keen to hear the feedback.”
If you can’t get to Interbike to see the new model in person, you can view the Urban XU700 on our website. The e-bike may be pre-ordered with a current release date of Dec 2014 through OHM authorized dealers.
About OHM Cycles
OHM Cycles Ltd. is a premium electric bike manufacturer based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Our mission is to be the leader in high performance electric bikes for commuters and recreational cyclists. OHM Cycles proudly supports going green with electric bikes – an eco-friendly solution to the world’s transportation and environmental changes.